You can’t imagine life without your furry companion and we wouldn’t want you to.
Cue Altitude, a pet-friendly apartment complex near Boston, where you and your pet will enjoy amenities like the on-site dog park, community walking trails, and proximity to pet-friendly outdoor areas that are perfect for romping and playing. Following a few tips to beat the heat, the summer season is a great time to take advantage of these outdoor activities with Fido or Fifi.
Now that summer is in fully swing, we’re reminded that sweltering temperatures and scorching sun can be uncomfortable for both people and pets alike. The Humane Society warns that it’s especially easy for pets to overheat during times of high temperatures and humidity. So what can we do to keep our pets cool? Read on for some suggestions to try out this summer.
Keep Cool When it Heats Up
- Limit your pet’s exercise on hot days. Apartment Therapy recommends heading out for a walk early in the morning or later in the evening to avoid the mid-day heat. And don’t forget to bring water for both you and your pet!
- Speaking of water, be sure to provide plenty of clean, cold water in your pet-friendly apartment for your furry friend. Adding ice cubes to their water bowl can help maintain the temperature and is a nice, chilly treat.
- Consider this clever idea from Rent.com; a cooling body wrap, vest, or dog bed can be soaked in water and will stay cool but dry for up to three days. Sounds like a great way to chill out in a pet-friendly apartment.
- One of the easiest tips for keeping your pet cool this summer is to schedule regular grooming t0 remove excess fur. Professionals don’t recommend haircuts for all breeds, but brushing alone can help slim down that coat and keep your pet more comfortable.
- Another suggestion from Rent.com is to provide a cool space where animals can lounge for a little reprieve from the heat. The bathroom, complete with a chilly tile floor, can do the trick.
- Lastly, whip up a frozen treat to show your pet some love. Use this recipe to make a peanut butter and banana puppy popsicle that will help bring the temperature down on a hot summer day.
Pet-friendly apartment — and pet-friendly amenities
With these tips in mind, there’s no doubt you and your pet will enjoy taking advantage of all of the pet-friendly amenities at Altitude this summer. Contact us to schedule your tour today.